Building on Success
The Age of Creativity Festival moves to the full month of May this year. Following
the success of the 2018 festival with over 300 events, we are hoping to increase that
number and we are also introducing new features so more people can get invovled. Please
start planning events to be part of the Festival. We would be very grateful if you could
share this communique with your networks.
Things you need to know about Age of Creativity Festival 2019:
- The Age of Creativity celebrates older people as creative audiences, participants, volunteers and artists across England.
- Compelling research shows that taking part in creative and cultural activities in later life supports wellbeing. https://bit.ly/2P7RJIV
- The festival runs from 1 – 31 May to coincide with similar festivals across the UK and Ireland: Bealtaine in Ireland, Luminate in Scotland and Gwanwyn in Wales.
- We want to feature as many events that are arts-based for and with older people, as well as training events to increase expertise in the creative ageing field.
- The theme is intergenerational practice, though not exclusively, and we aim to discover good practice from around the country.
- The Festival website is now live https://www.voluntaryarts.org/age-of-creativity for your events.
- Simply upload your events to be included in the festival and download the organisers pack for more information.
- Upload your events by 1st March to benefit from inclusion in the five regional printed brochures that will be disseminated across the country, highlighting a cross-sector of events.
- We have commissioned 64 Million Artists to deliver a mass creative participation project co-designed with older people for older people to take part in small groups and in their own homes.
- Gain added value for your events through Social Media Takeovers and get significant profile throughout the festival.
- Tell us about news worthy stories and contribute to online content and media opportunities.
- Each week we will be publishing a blog on the Intergenerational theme.
- There will be an Intergenerational Conference for professionals in Manchester on 2 May.
- Age UK Oxfordshire will be hosting a learning event for local Age UKs to develop creative opportunities across England.
- We will host an Expert Seminar on the theme of loneliness to key decision makers in London.
- Significant partners will support the festival by sharing relevant information with their networks across the country.
- For enquiries about the online and printed brochure contact Tei on 01869 337 940.
- For media and event enquiries contact Tei on 01869 337 940.
- The Age of Creativity Festival is being delivered by Age UK Oxfordshire, Age UK and Voluntary Arts.
- The festival is kindly funded by Baring Foundation and Arts Council England through Celebrating Age.