This report is useful for:
* arts and cultural professionals: to show how the concept of kindness can be incorporated within creative practice and to further debate about the contribution of the cultural sector to social change.
* policy makers and commissioners: to grow the evidence base that the arts can play a pivotal and specific role in delivering social outcomes.
* researchers and academics: to illustrate the potential of research that explores the relationship between the arts and prosocial behaviour, and to suggest priorities for further work in this field.
* public and voluntary sector (teachers, educationalists, health professionals and community development practitioners): to inspire ideas and possibilities for working with the arts to promote individual growth and stronger communities.
* active citizens and anyone who has a desire to build a kinder and more caring world: to share what we have learned, to inspire and connect.