The report outlines policy considerations for decision-makers in the health sector and beyond, such as:
1) ensure the availability and accessibility of arts-for-health programmes within communities;
2) support arts and cultural organizations in making health and well-being part of their work;
3) promote public awareness of the potential health benefits of arts engagement;
4) include arts in the training of health-care professionals;
5) introduce or strengthen referral mechanisms from health- or social-care facilities to arts programmes or activities; and
6) invest in more research, particularly in scaling up arts and health interventions, and evaluating their implementation.